Tired of fundraising chocolates? Looking for something different? Want people to get something when they donate?
If you’re a genuine fundraiser, then QPS Importers will support you by enabling you to buy small orders of products at wholesale prices which you can then sell to raise funds for your cause. If you’re interested, fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you with further information.
Oil and Vinegar Dispenser
8 in 1 Screwdriver
Old Park Bench
With Spring fast approaching here in Australia, it’s time to start thinking about outdoor furniture maintenance.
We have some much loved timber furniture out on the back deck at home. It’s been around for years and is still in good condition. It does need to be cleaned and oiled though, so that it lasts for years to come.
If you’re a novice when it comes to cleaning timber furniture, here are a few tips and tricks.
- Clean your timber furniture before you oil it. You can use steel wool or, if you are pressed for time, hit it with the Karcher.
- If you do use a high pressure cleaner on timber, go with the grain of the wood instead of against it, to minimise damage to the wood. That will mean less sanding afterwards too.
- Sand back any rough patches, particularly where you will be sitting or touching the furniture. I have a hand sander that lets me get into tight corners.
- Wear old clothes! You’ll be amazed at how dirty you can get cleaning your timber furniture.
- I know this sounds obvious, but make sure you have a jar to soak your paint brush in afterwards. (Guess who has been caught out in the past.)
Do you have any tips you would like to share?
Graham and I are moving warehouse because our current warehouse is covered in dust. We really like our lovely next door neighbour. Unfortunately, his successful kitchen cabinet business generates a fine dust, which seeps in through the gap at the top of our shared wall and settles all over our warehouse.
Over the weekend we were in Sydney, cleaning products that we’re clearing out of the warehouse. Our trusty Karcher pressure cleaner was extremely useful for getting the dust off outdoor furniture items that were being sent off to public auction this Sunday. I wish I’d taken some before and after photos, to show you what a difference it made. The ex-display and sample furniture looked as good as it did when it first arrived in the warehouse. A quick rub over with a clean cloth and a couple of hours to dry in the sun, and it was ready to go to auction.
One of the workers at the factory next door came over to me during the afternoon, asking for advice on cleaning PVC rattan furniture. He had been watching during the afternoon, and wanted to know if he could clean his Mum’s furniture the same way. I had to laugh inwardly when he wanted to know if he could clean the cushions the same way.
If you’re thinking of getting yourself a Karcher, I highly recommend it. We bought ours from Bunnings a couple of years ago and we are very happy with it. If you’d like to see what we’re sending to the auction this Sunday, here’s a link to the final list, complete with photos.